Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Dingy little stand, stand out now


I have a small cabinet that I had stained very dark because it had some marks I couldn't
as you can see here I had already stripped the door using citristip and covering with plastic to remove the finish, I had not started on the rest yet but you can see how dark it is. My hubby said because of the shape of the cabinet it needed something like a shield on it so I searched around for different pictures and combined a few to make my own shield

Time: 7 Days Cost: $30 Difficulty: Advanced
  • completed stand really stands out
I used blockposters.com to get the right size, taped the printouts together, traced it onto the wood using carbon paper. I used different colors of acrylic paints, used gold for the shield , brown for shadows and white for highlights, silver for the swords and black for shadows, blacks and greys for the the eagles , white for the feathers just painting short lines in white for the feathers, red and yellow for the background and the lower part I just tapped white onto the grey shadows to make it look cloudy like. I can't wait to finish the cabinet and put it all together.
  • completed stand really stands out
This is the shield completed, it only needs sealed
  • completed stand really stands out
here is a horse I painted on the top to help disguise some of the flaws and also it is the horse to go with the knights shield. The horse was a combination of tracing and drawing, I had to add onto an image I found online. I used black, white acrylic paints to paint it. You could also mod podge an image if you can't paint.
  • completed stand really stands out
This is the completed stand, the side wood and legs came out with awesome grain. I do hope that people are able to see this one. It seems that my posts get hidden and no one finds them.
I feel I made a dingy cabinet very unique and lively

No comments:

Post a Comment