Thursday, November 17, 2016

Kitchen cabinets refinished

My cabinets are old but I can't afford new ones so I wanted to make them look lighter and newer. I stripped them and sanded plus added a tendril vine stencil to them then used a oil based polyurethane because of the wear and tear that the kitchen cabinets would get.
The bottom ones look a bit busy but I am not going to change them just yet. I do like the way the top ones look though. This is the before of what they looked like


this is the bottom area that is too busy looking and will need changed eventually


This is the top cabinets which I like much better. I made a mistake with the stencil and didn't want to have to remove all the poly from them so I mod podged a rose over the mistake. For some reason the picture is sideways and I can't find a way to change it

No comments:

Post a Comment