Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Bathroom floor glammed

Our tiny bathroom needed some real help. I tore up the linoleum that was ripping and just not looking nice, glad I did there was mold under there. It is a small bathroom in the basement with a cement floor.
  • bathroom floor redo, bathroom ideas, flooring
This is after I tore up the linoleum, sanded the cement and started painting the primer over the floor
  • bathroom floor redo, bathroom ideas, flooring
After the primer was dry I started painting. I tried to make it similar to a picture I found of a beautiful granite counter with waves of browns, blues and whites. It didn't turn out as good as I wanted but it looks very different and clean. I painted the whole floor a blue then started sponging about 4 different brown shades plus 5 different blue layers with a sponge and also a little purple. It took me about 3 hours for this small floor just sponging on different colored layers then I needed a sealer that would not have toxic fumes since the ventilation in this bathroom isn't good at all. I used Deft Interior Exterior Water-Based Polyurethane Finish Gloss and so far it seems to be good and no problems, it dried quickly too. I ended up putting about 6 coats on the floor to seal it and I am hoping that it will hold up

No comments:

Post a Comment