Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Inside Front door looks so much better
We used paint stripper and scraped for 3 days trying to get down to the bare wood and we got down the the lead type paint and that was all I could do, I would not sand that and the stripper just wasn't doing a good enough job and my hands hurt from so much scraping.
  • front door gets a makeover, doors
This was after scraping for 3 days
  • front door gets a makeover, doors
This is the finished door. I tried to make a wood grain effect on the door and trim but it wasn't working well with the wood graining tool because the wood on the door is a little cupped. (the door is around 200 years old) so I did the best I could at making it look like wood grain. The trim was done the same way but looked strange a similar color so I put a darker paint on it and it still shows some grain. Then I put some stencils on the panels, made the roman blind for the door, put contact paper on the door windows and used contact paper to make little trees on the side windows. I am pleased with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment