Thursday, October 27, 2016

Camouflaged damage on screen door
This screen door was kicked in at one time and had some dents in it, plus it had rust at the bottom but it is a special size so we can't afford a new one right now
  • camouflaged damage on screen door, doors, painting
Hubby and I fixed the rusted area at the bottom. I used a rust reformer on it before using any paint.
I sanded the door, primed it then taped everything off and spray painted the door white (I painted the trim too so it would match)
I printed a tree and some cat and a dog picture from the internet and made my own stencil using contact paper, placed that on the door sticky side so it would stay in place.
I then used spray paint to paint around the stencil then picked up some golden rod weeds to hold in place and spray paint to create a border around it. Then I pealed off the contact paper to reveal the design.
I wish now I would have not been so heavy handed and would have made the spray lighter but it looks better than originally and hides the damage to the door.

Materials I used for this project:

  • Primer  
  • Rust reformer  
  • White and brown spray paint  

No comments:

Post a Comment