Thursday, October 27, 2016

Plain blinds glammed

had plain blinds in my computer room and I saw where someone painted theirs so I made my own patterns using masking tape
  • vinyl blinds glammed, home decor, painting
I laid the blinds on a table and unrolled most of the way but not entirely. I made my patterns using masking tape, I used the wider tape so I could rip the edges to make them uneven so the trees wouldn't be all straight. I made the trunks using multiple pieces of tape and the branches were just small pieces cut and ripped until I got the pattern all over the blinds. The birds I laid the tape on my work table (multiple pieces) trace a pattern then cut out and taped it to the blind
  • vinyl blinds glammed, home decor, painting
I then took them outside and first sprayed with a yellow paint then I used an orange paint over top so there would be a little variation and look sort of like a sunset. After the paint set up (only took a few minutes) I removed the tape and let the paint dry before hanging them. It has been well over a year and the paint still looks great. These were the heavy duty blinds (room darkening)

Materials I used for this project:

  • Rustolium spray paint in yellow and orange  
  • Masking tape

No comments:

Post a Comment