Thursday, October 27, 2016


Camouflaging Visible Wires


We have visible wires that I wanted to camouflage It is an old farm house and all planks so there are no hollow walls to hide anything.
  • camouflaged some visible wires, painting, wall decor
I painted the wires and molding using a dark brown I had but I used a soft touch so they weren't solid brown but kind of streaky to make them look like vines.
I printed some leaves from the internet to use as a pattern, for some reason I couldn't draw these right.
I cut the pattern from cardboard and traced them using a pencil onto the wall
I just did some shading with green, yellow, brown and a little red to make the leaves
The grapes were really easy to do, I saw online a simple way to do this. You use a round sponge spouncer (ones used for stencils) I mixed my colors for the grapes using red and blue. Dip most of the spouncer into the purple color then on one edge you dip that in white. place the spouncer on the wall and give it a quarter twist and you have a nice round grape with shading :)

Materials I used for this project:

  • Heavy weight acrylics 
  • Dark brown paint 
  • Sponge Spouncer for stencils  

No comments:

Post a Comment