Thursday, October 27, 2016

Door mural front and back

I don't have a how to for this since it was all don't free hand and my insiration from multiple pictures, the first picture is of the main floor, the second is the back side of the door. I just wanted to share.
This took me about a week to complete
  • painted my flat hollow door, doors, painting
This door was a flat hollow door with a couple holes in it I repaired with wood putty, put on a base coat then went o town with the painting. I did use contact paper for the deer and bear so that I would have an outline of them. The second picture is a stairway to a no longer existing cabin (in my mind)
  • painted my flat hollow door, doors, painting
I used modge podge to seal it and it just didn't seal well enough so I used a water based poly over it and now it is much easier to keep clean and is sealed better

Material I used for this project:

  • Acrylic pants, various colors
  • minwax polyurethane water based

No comments:

Post a Comment